Are you looking to break away from the daily work grind and make money doing something you love? We’re going to give you the steps to set up your own online store. Spoiler alert: It may be cheaper than you think.
- Pick one product – Make it something you love because you are going to need to learn everything you can about your product. For example, if you choose shoes, your business won’t be about finding shoes you love and reselling them. You will have to do extensive research to learn what brands sell.
- Get together a plan – How much can you spend on buying your product? How will you ship it? Will you offer free shipping or charge for shipping? How will you package products?
- Set up your online shop – If you decided to go with your own e-commerce site, this means setting up a website. If you are choosing to sell on a site like eBay, Amazon, or Etsy, you have to set up a store on their services.
- Optimize for search – If you have your own site, this means SEO work to appear on Google searches. If you choose a site like eBay, it means learning how to choose titles and select categories that will attract customers.
- Purchase your starting supplies – You need merchandise and shipping materials. One shipping material, in particular, is packing tape. Before you run to the local dollar store for cheap packing tape, check out Wholesale Packing Tape. We offer custom printed packing tape starting at just $1.97 per roll, so you can advertise your brand and make your packaging really stand out without spending much more than you would on an inferior alternative.
To speak with a packing tape expert, call 760-652-9087. You can also request a free quote online.